The Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint (STS) has the traction mechanism positioned at the patient’s hip. Femur traction is applied through the extension of the pole segments creating a pushing force on the ankle strap instead of pulling distally from the foot.
The STS boasts a red toggle at the end of the shorter traction cord for a better grip. The STS’s improved labeling and superior red color coding enable quicker patient femur fracture stabilization and application.
- Does Not Extend Beyond the Foot: Stays anatomically contained from the patient's hip to ankle
- Rapid Patient Application: No poles to assemble or mechanisms to set up
- Not Contraindicated in Lower Leg Injury or Amputation: Unique design allows the ankle strap to be alternately positioned proximal to the calf, allowing femur traction to still be applied, and leaving the lower leg accessible for other splinting or bandaging
- Lightweight and Compact: Weighs only 21 ounces and can easily be strapped to trauma bags and backpacks
- One Size Fits All: Works on both adults and pediatrics
- Traction Mechanism Accessible During Transport: Traction adjustment is accessible at the patient’s hip
- Radiolucent: Aluminum is barely visible on x-ray. Thumb screws on locks are steel, therefore, visible on x-ray
- Corrosion and Shock Resistant: Telescoping poles are made of lightweight, high tensile strength 6061 aluminum
Each set includes:
- (3) Telescoping aluminum poles with two easy-to-use thumb screw locks
- (1) Neoprene ankle hitch
- (1) Adjustable nylon grain strap with a quick-release buckle
- (1) Optional mid-leg neoprene strap that can be applied for added rotational security
- Carrying Case Dimensions: 23” W x 3” H x 3” D
- Weight: 1.32 lbs. (in carrying case)
false not grp product
|Item Name||Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint with Aluminum Poles|
Get FREE ground shipping on all orders $175+*. Pay $10.50 for ground shipping on orders under $175.
Enter your shipping zip code below to see your estimated ground delivery date:
Need it sooner? See expedited shipping options.
Expedited shipping options and pricing are available at checkout. See shipping details.
If you are a dealer or reseller, are using collect billing, or you live outside of the contiguous United States, you do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $175, and different shipping costs apply. Contact Customer Service for details.
You might also like...
FareTec® CT-EMS Carbon Leg Traction Splint
FareTec® CT-6 Military Carbon Leg Traction Splint
Faretec QD-3 and QD-4 Traction Leg Splint
EP&R Optimum Single Pole Traction Device
Curaplex® Traction Splints
Sager™ Emergency Bilateral Traction Splint
Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint with Aluminum Poles
Simulaids Traction Splint Trainer