Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint with Aluminum Poles
This item is a Class II Narcotic, and cannot be ordered online. To learn more about ordering, see medication ordering details or call 800.558.6270.
This item requires a License Authorization Form on file. Learn more
License Authorization Form (LAF) Required
Before we can ship this product to you, we must have a completed LAF on file for your organization. An LAF is a form that gets filled out by your Medical Director or Pharmacist-in-Charge, and provides the approval we need to process your order. Learn more
This item is refrigerated, and a $13.95 handling fee will be applied to your order. Learn more
Refrigerated drugs are only shipped on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to ensure that your shipment arrives during the business week. If you are more than two scheduled ground shipping days from our location in Wisconsin, your refrigerated order will be processed separately from any other items you are ordering, and will be shipped to you via 2nd Day Air.
All refrigerated orders are subject to a $13.95 Refrigeration Handling Fee per order.
Refrigerated drugs are shipped in a heavy-duty Styrofoam shipping cooler, lined with air packets, and enclosed with ICE-BRIX refrigerant packs.
This item may require additional shipping charges due to size. Learn more
Additional Shipping Charges May Apply
Due to the size or weight of this item, it will be shipped via commercial trucking service. Additional shipping charges may apply, and will not be reflected when you place your order online.
Following the placement of your order, a Customer Service Representative will reach out to you with any additional shipping costs, and will confirm you would still like to proceed with the order. If you’d like to know the shipping cost of this item prior to placing your order, give us a call at 800.558.6270.
This is a hazardous item, and can only be shipped via Ground. Learn more
The Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint (STS) has the traction mechanism positioned at the patient’s hip. Femur traction is applied through the extension of the pole segments creating a pushing force on the ankle strap instead of pulling distally from the foot.
The STS boasts a red toggle at the end of the shorter traction cord for a better grip. The STS’s improved labeling and superior red color coding enable quicker patient femur fracture stabilization and application.
- Does Not Extend Beyond the Foot: Stays anatomically contained from the patient's hip to ankle
- Rapid Patient Application: No poles to assemble or mechanisms to set up
- Not Contraindicated in Lower Leg Injury or Amputation: Unique design allows the ankle strap to be alternately positioned proximal to the calf, allowing femur traction to still be applied, and leaving the lower leg accessible for other splinting or bandaging
- Lightweight and Compact: Weighs only 21 ounces and can easily be strapped to trauma bags and backpacks
- One Size Fits All: Works on both adults and pediatrics
- Traction Mechanism Accessible During Transport: Traction adjustment is accessible at the patient’s hip
- Radiolucent: Aluminum is barely visible on x-ray. Thumb screws on locks are steel, therefore, visible on x-ray
- Corrosion and Shock Resistant: Telescoping poles are made of lightweight, high tensile strength 6061 aluminum
Each set includes:
- (3) Telescoping aluminum poles with two easy-to-use thumb screw locks
- (1) Neoprene ankle hitch
- (1) Adjustable nylon grain strap with a quick-release buckle
- (1) Optional mid-leg neoprene strap that can be applied for added rotational security
- Carrying Case Dimensions: 23” W x 3” H x 3” D
- Weight: 1.32 lbs. (in carrying case)
|Item Name||Rescue Essentials Slishman Traction Splint with Aluminum Poles|
Get FREE ground shipping on all orders $175+*. Pay $10.50 for ground shipping on orders under $175.
Enter your shipping zip code below to see your estimated ground delivery date:
Need it sooner? See expedited shipping options.
Expedited shipping options and pricing are available at checkout. See shipping details.
If you are a dealer or reseller, are using collect billing, or you live outside of the contiguous United States, you do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $175, and different shipping costs apply. Contact Customer Service for details.