Philips HeartStart FR3 AED
Note: These items are currently on hold by the manufacturer, and are not available for purchase at this time.
The HeartStart FR3 is Philips best professional-grade AED with advanced features for the professional responder. Simply put, the Philips HeartStart FR3 AED makes lifesaving faster, easier, and better.
Built for speed - Reduces deployment time
- The HeartStart FR3 automatically powers on when you open the carry case so you can focus on pad placement. Pre-connected peel and place SMART Pads III, with no foil pouch to open, reduce deployment time.
Small and lightweight - Easy to carry along with other equipment
- As the smallest and lightest professional-grade AED available among leading global manufacturers, the HeartStart FR3 weighs only 3.5lbs. It is designed to be rugged, reliable, and ready to use.
SMART CPR - Patient specific treatment advice
- Receive patient-specific guidance with Philips SMART CPR for the most appropriate initial therapy – CPR or defibrillation – even for shockable rhythms.
Bright display - High resolution LCD screen for clarity
- In severely degraded environmental conditions, voice prompts may not provide enough guidance. The bright, color LCD display of the HeartStart FR3 clearly shows text or text with ECG
Infant/Child key - Simplify the rescue of a child
- Insert the Infant/Child Key to automatically decrease the defibrillation therapy and implement the configured infant/child CPR protocols.
Data management - Download and forward event data
- Having event data readily available can help facilitate retrospective review by medical directors and program managers. Philips portfolio of data management solutions supports a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
Quick Shock Feature - Minimize chest compression interruptions
- CPR is even more vital to survival than previously realized. Rapidly delivering a shock after chest compressions is critical. The HeartStart FR3’s Quick Shock feature reduces the time between hands-off and shock delivery.
- 861388 (text display)
- 861389 (ECG and text display)
- Includes: Supplied with AED, primary battery (1), SMART Pads III (1 set), printed instructions (Setup Guide) and CD-ROM (Administrative Reference)
- Waveform: SMART biphasic Truncated Exponential waveform parameters adjust as a function of patient impedance. Adult nominal peak current 32A (150J into a 50 ohm load); pediatric nominal peak current 19A (50J into a 50 ohm load) using optional Infant/Child Key
- Shock delivery: Via defibrillator pads placed in the anterior-anterior (Lead II) position for adults; anterior-posterior position for infants and children under 55 lbs. (25 kg) or 8 years old
- Controls: On/Off button, shock button, option buttons. Auto-On feature, when used with the optional FR3 carry case, enables FR3 to power up when case lid is opened
- Indicators: High-resolution color LCD, beeper, voice prompts, tones and chirps, audio speaker, connector socket, ready light, shock button
- Advanced Mode: Configurable using optional HeartStart Configure software
- Screen: LCD color display, 320 x 240 pixels. 2.8" x 2.1" (7.2 cm x 5.4 cm)
- Bandwidth: 1 Hz to 30 Hz (-3dB), nominal (non-diagnostic)
- Monitored Lead: Lead II using anterior-anterior adult pads placement
- Size: 2.7" high x 5.3" wide x 8.7" deep (6.9 cm x 13.5 cm x 22.1 cm)
- Weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz. (1.6 kg) with FR3 standard battery installed
- Sealing: Meets IEC529 class IP55 with battery installed
- Temperature: Operating/standby: 32°–122°F (0°– 50°C)
- Altitude: 0 – 15,000 feet (0 – 4,572 meters)
- Shock/drop: Meets MIL-STD-810F 516.4, Procedure IV
- Abuse tolerance: (After a ibe-meter drop to any edge, corner, or surface in standby mode)
- Vibration: Meets MIL-STD-810F 514.5 C-17
Bluetooth 2.0 Class II Wireless Transceiver Module (optional)
- Function: Transmit retrospective event data or configuration setting wirelessly
Patient analysis system
- ECG analysis: Evaluates impedance of defibrillator pads for proper contact with patient skin, evaluates the ECG rhythm and signal quality to determine if a shock is appropriate; also detects artifact and pacemaker
- SMART CPR: Evaluates key characteristics of the presenting VF and determines the initial therapy: shock first, or CPR first quickly followed by a shock
- Sensitivity/specificity: Meets AAMI DF80 requirements and AHA recommendations for adult defibrillation
- Quick Shock: Typically arms in <8 seconds from the end of the "Stop CPR" prompt
FR3 primary battery
- Type: 12 VDC, 4.7 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide long-life primary cells
- Capacity: Typically 300 shocks or 12 hours of operating time at 77° F (25° C) when configured for monitoring after No Shock Advised (NSA)
- Standby life: 3 years minimum when stored under standby environmental conditions (battery installed)
- Shelf life: 5 years
SMART Pads III
- Applications: Disposable, multifunction defibrillation pads for adult or infant/child patients. Time-saving peel and place pads can be removed from packaging and stored in the FR3 carry case. Pads can be pre-connected to FR3, which enables testing during FR3's routine self-test.
Infant/Child Key (optional)
- Function: Selects therapy for infants or children under 55 lbs. (25 kg) or 8 years old
FR3 data card (optional)
- Function: Stores a minimum of 8 hours of ECG, event, and if configured, voice recording. Can also be used for configuring FR3
Automated and user-activated self-tests
- Automatic self-tests: Test internal circuitry, waveform delivery system, ECG acquisition, temperature, status (or readiness) of attached accessories (SMART Pads III and FR3 data card) and battery
- Automated self-test frequency: Daily, weekly, monthly, power on, and runtime during all modes of operation
- User initiated tests: Automatic self-tests plus tone, display, and button performance
FR3 training battery and training pads (optional)
- Function: Places FR3 into a scenario-based training mode and simulates shock therapy
- Type: 10.8 Volt, 4.5 Ah Li-ion battery
Get FREE ground shipping on all orders $175+*. Pay $10.50 for ground shipping on orders under $175.
Enter your shipping zip code below to see your estimated ground delivery date:
Need it sooner? See expedited shipping options.
Expedited shipping options and pricing are available at checkout. See shipping details.
If you are a dealer or reseller, are using collect billing, or you live outside of the contiguous United States, you do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $175, and different shipping costs apply. Contact Customer Service for details.