Philips HeartStart FR3 AED
|861388||Text Display Only||
Typically ships in 3-6 weeks
|861388||Text Display Only||
Typically ships in 3-6 weeks
|861389||ECG and Text Display||
Typically ships in 3-6 weeks
This item is a Class II Narcotic, and cannot be ordered online. To learn more about ordering, see medication ordering details or call 800.558.6270.
This item requires a License Authorization Form on file. Learn more
License Authorization Form (LAF) Required
Before we can ship this product to you, we must have a completed LAF on file for your organization. An LAF is a form that gets filled out by your Medical Director or Pharmacist-in-Charge, and provides the approval we need to process your order. Learn more
This item is refrigerated, and a $13.95 handling fee will be applied to your order. Learn more
Refrigerated drugs are only shipped on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to ensure that your shipment arrives during the business week. If you are more than two scheduled ground shipping days from our location in Wisconsin, your refrigerated order will be processed separately from any other items you are ordering, and will be shipped to you via 2nd Day Air.
All refrigerated orders are subject to a $13.95 Refrigeration Handling Fee per order.
Refrigerated drugs are shipped in a heavy-duty Styrofoam shipping cooler, lined with air packets, and enclosed with ICE-BRIX refrigerant packs.
This item may require additional shipping charges due to size. Learn more
Additional Shipping Charges May Apply
Due to the size or weight of this item, it will be shipped via commercial trucking service. Additional shipping charges may apply, and will not be reflected when you place your order online.
Following the placement of your order, a Customer Service Representative will reach out to you with any additional shipping costs, and will confirm you would still like to proceed with the order. If you’d like to know the shipping cost of this item prior to placing your order, give us a call at 800.558.6270.
This is a hazardous item, and can only be shipped via Ground. Learn more
The HeartStart FR3 is Philips best professional-grade AED with advanced features for the professional responder. Simply put, the Philips HeartStart FR3 AED makes lifesaving faster, easier, and better.
Built for speed - Reduces deployment time
- The HeartStart FR3 automatically powers on when you open the carry case so you can focus on pad placement. Pre-connected peel and place SMART Pads III, with no foil pouch to open, reduce deployment time.
Small and lightweight - Easy to carry along with other equipment
- As the smallest and lightest professional-grade AED available among leading global manufacturers, the HeartStart FR3 weighs only 3.5lbs. It is designed to be rugged, reliable, and ready to use.
SMART CPR - Patient specific treatment advice
- Receive patient-specific guidance with Philips SMART CPR for the most appropriate initial therapy – CPR or defibrillation – even for shockable rhythms.
Bright display - High resolution LCD screen for clarity
- In severely degraded environmental conditions, voice prompts may not provide enough guidance. The bright, color LCD display of the HeartStart FR3 clearly shows text or text with ECG
Infant/Child key - Simplify the rescue of a child
- Insert the Infant/Child Key to automatically decrease the defibrillation therapy and implement the configured infant/child CPR protocols.
Data management - Download and forward event data
- Having event data readily available can help facilitate retrospective review by medical directors and program managers. Philips portfolio of data management solutions supports a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
Quick Shock Feature - Minimize chest compression interruptions
- CPR is even more vital to survival than previously realized. Rapidly delivering a shock after chest compressions is critical. The HeartStart FR3’s Quick Shock feature reduces the time between hands-off and shock delivery.
- 861388 (text display)
- 861389 (ECG and text display)
- Includes: Supplied with AED, primary battery (1), SMART Pads III (1 set), printed instructions (Setup Guide) and CD-ROM (Administrative Reference)
- Waveform: SMART biphasic Truncated Exponential waveform parameters adjust as a function of patient impedance. Adult nominal peak current 32A (150J into a 50 ohm load); pediatric nominal peak current 19A (50J into a 50 ohm load) using optional Infant/Child Key
- Shock delivery: Via defibrillator pads placed in the anterior-anterior (Lead II) position for adults; anterior-posterior position for infants and children under 55 lbs. (25 kg) or 8 years old
- Controls: On/Off button, shock button, option buttons. Auto-On feature, when used with the optional FR3 carry case, enables FR3 to power up when case lid is opened
- Indicators: High-resolution color LCD, beeper, voice prompts, tones and chirps, audio speaker, connector socket, ready light, shock button
- Advanced Mode: Configurable using optional HeartStart Configure software
- Screen: LCD color display, 320 x 240 pixels. 2.8" x 2.1" (7.2 cm x 5.4 cm)
- Bandwidth: 1 Hz to 30 Hz (-3dB), nominal (non-diagnostic)
- Monitored Lead: Lead II using anterior-anterior adult pads placement
- Size: 2.7" high x 5.3" wide x 8.7" deep (6.9 cm x 13.5 cm x 22.1 cm)
- Weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz. (1.6 kg) with FR3 standard battery installed
- Sealing: Meets IEC529 class IP55 with battery installed
- Temperature: Operating/standby: 32°–122°F (0°– 50°C)
- Altitude: 0 – 15,000 feet (0 – 4,572 meters)
- Shock/drop: Meets MIL-STD-810F 516.4, Procedure IV
- Abuse tolerance: (After a ibe-meter drop to any edge, corner, or surface in standby mode)
- Vibration: Meets MIL-STD-810F 514.5 C-17
Bluetooth 2.0 Class II Wireless Transceiver Module (optional)
- Function: Transmit retrospective event data or configuration setting wirelessly
Patient analysis system
- ECG analysis: Evaluates impedance of defibrillator pads for proper contact with patient skin, evaluates the ECG rhythm and signal quality to determine if a shock is appropriate; also detects artifact and pacemaker
- SMART CPR: Evaluates key characteristics of the presenting VF and determines the initial therapy: shock first, or CPR first quickly followed by a shock
- Sensitivity/specificity: Meets AAMI DF80 requirements and AHA recommendations for adult defibrillation
- Quick Shock: Typically arms in <8 seconds from the end of the "Stop CPR" prompt
FR3 primary battery
- Type: 12 VDC, 4.7 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide long-life primary cells
- Capacity: Typically 300 shocks or 12 hours of operating time at 77° F (25° C) when configured for monitoring after No Shock Advised (NSA)
- Standby life: 3 years minimum when stored under standby environmental conditions (battery installed)
- Shelf life: 5 years
SMART Pads III
- Applications: Disposable, multifunction defibrillation pads for adult or infant/child patients. Time-saving peel and place pads can be removed from packaging and stored in the FR3 carry case. Pads can be pre-connected to FR3, which enables testing during FR3's routine self-test.
Infant/Child Key (optional)
- Function: Selects therapy for infants or children under 55 lbs. (25 kg) or 8 years old
FR3 data card (optional)
- Function: Stores a minimum of 8 hours of ECG, event, and if configured, voice recording. Can also be used for configuring FR3
Automated and user-activated self-tests
- Automatic self-tests: Test internal circuitry, waveform delivery system, ECG acquisition, temperature, status (or readiness) of attached accessories (SMART Pads III and FR3 data card) and battery
- Automated self-test frequency: Daily, weekly, monthly, power on, and runtime during all modes of operation
- User initiated tests: Automatic self-tests plus tone, display, and button performance
FR3 training battery and training pads (optional)
- Function: Places FR3 into a scenario-based training mode and simulates shock therapy
- Type: 10.8 Volt, 4.5 Ah Li-ion battery
Get FREE ground shipping on all orders $175+*. Pay $10.50 for ground shipping on orders under $175.
Enter your shipping zip code below to see your estimated ground delivery date:
Need it sooner? See expedited shipping options.
Expedited shipping options and pricing are available at checkout. See shipping details.
If you are a dealer or reseller, are using collect billing, or you live outside of the contiguous United States, you do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $175, and different shipping costs apply. Contact Customer Service for details.