The XCollar Plus is designed to splint the cervical spine by securing the head to the torso of the patient above C-1 and below C-7; on two points anterior and two points posterior. This splinting system utilizes bi-lateral and vertical adjustments to obtain a customized fit for both the desired circumference and height of large adult and small pediatric patients; working to increase patient safety by minimizing potential cervical spinal distraction and injury.
An important feature of the XCollar Plus is the integrated Head Restraint System (HRS), which replaces the use of head blocks, towels, or tape.
Each XCollar Plus is equipped with one HRS consisting of an integrated set of Velcro straps which are used with the XCollar Plus to secure the patient to the backboard; minimizing lateral and vertical movement. The HRS also includes a height-adjustable Occipital Support Pad to ensure proper patient spinal alignment.
- Capable of customizing to fit patient body types ranging from pediatric (approximately 22 lbs.) to extra-large adult (approximately 360+ lbs.).
- Splints the cervical spine in the "Position of Comfort", or Position Found.
- The adjustable, integrated Head Restraint System (HRS) eliminates the need for head blocks, towels, and tape, while minimizing vertical and lateral patient movement during transport.
- Occipital Support Pad is adjustable in 1/2-inch increments for up to 2 inches.
- Oversized trachea opening allows for carotid pulse checks, advanced airway procedures, and easy visual assessment.
- Tested at operating temperatures ranging from: -40 degrees C to 60 degrees C.
- Latex-free materials are radiolucent, MRI and CT scan compatible.
false not grp product
|Item Name||Emegear Cervical Splint XCollar Plus|
Get FREE ground shipping on all orders $175+*. Pay $10.50 for ground shipping on orders under $175.
Enter your shipping zip code below to see your estimated ground delivery date:
Need it sooner? See expedited shipping options.
Expedited shipping options and pricing are available at checkout. See shipping details.
If you are a dealer or reseller, are using collect billing, or you live outside of the contiguous United States, you do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $175, and different shipping costs apply. Contact Customer Service for details.