Prepare Your Office, Home and Vehicle for 2022
If 2020 taught us anything, it’s to be prepared for the unexpected. Unfortunately, that includes medical emergencies.
We can’t help your New Year’s resolution to lose weight or travel more, but we can help you evaluate your medical supplies, organize what you have and outline what you’re missing, so if/when the time comes, you have what you need.
Where to Start
First things first, you need to take inventory of what you have.
1. Gather Supplies
Find all the medical supplies you have. Do you have medications in multiple locations? Think: your purse, your desk drawer, in every bathroom, in the breakroom, in the glove compartment? Walk around the office, your house and check in your car to find them!
2. Review Supplies
Lay out all of your medical supplies and look through them. Are any medications in the wrong containers? If so, put them where they belong. Do you have any empty boxes?
3. Discard Expired Items
Remove any items from the pile that have expired. Most first aid items can be thrown in the trash, like prescriptions and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs including pills, liquids, drops, patches and creams. However, some medicines need to be flushed down the toilet. Here is the FDA’s Flush List.
4. Build “Keep” Pile
After you have reviewed all of your supplies and discarded the expired items you will be left with a “keep” pile.
5. Purchase or Replace Items
When you have your “keep” pile left over, review the lists below to see what items you need to add or replace. If you have multiple cars, consider getting extra supplies.
P.S. If you have grown kids, parents or friends who need to complete this exercise, forward this blog to them! Or, even better, send a first aid care package to them!
Review these checklists to see what products we recommend having on hand:
For the Office or Event Space:
- AED and accessories
- Adult/pediatric pads: Zoll Intellisense™ Non-polarized Pads for Powerheart G5 AED
- AED cabinet: AED Wall Cabinet, Surface Mount, Large
- Stop the Bleed® kit
- Multi-pack kit: Curaplex® Stop the Bleed® Multi-Pack Kit, Basic
- First Aid kit
- Cabinet with items: Curaplex® 4-Shelf First Aid Wall Cabinet, 795-piece
- Box with items: Curaplex® First Aid Kit, 100 Pieces
- PPE and signage
- Ideal for healthcare workers: Microflex® 92-134 Powder-free Nitrile Exam Gloves
- Ideal for all industries: MICRO-TOUCH® Royal Blue Nitrile Exam Gloves
- PPE signage:
For the Home:
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Pain relief: Ibuprofen, 200mg Tablets, 100/bottle
- Allergy medicine: Benadryl® Allergy ULTRATAB® Tablets, 25mg
- Antibiotic ointment: Dynarex® Triple Antibiotic Ointment, 1oz Tube
- Splinter relief: Splinter Out™, Hinged Plastic Case, 10/case
- Bug bite relief: Safetec® Sting Relief
- Burn care
- Dressing: Water-Jel Burn Dressing, Sterile, 4” x 4”
- Burn relief spray: Water-Jel® Burn Spray, 2oz Spray Bottle
- Cream: Water-Jel® First Aid Burn Cream, Inidividually Wrapped
- First aid supplies
- Plastic bandages: DUKAL American® White Cross Plastic Adhesive Bandages
- Self-adherent bandages: Curaplex® Cohesive Bandages, 5yd
- Hot and cold therapy
- Cold pack: Curaplex® Instant Cold Packs
- Hot pack: Curaplex® Instant Hot Packs
For the Vehicle (personal or company):
- Extrication gloves: Majestic Extrication Gloves
- Disposable gloves: BASIC Medical Synmax Vinyl Nitrile Hybrid Exam Gloves
- Emergency blanket for warmth: Curaplex® Emergency Mylar Blanket
- Highly-visible blanket: Curaplex® Emergency Highway Blanket
- Fleece blanket: Curaplex® Fleece Patient Blanket, 60” x 90”
- Tourniquet: Curaplex® SAM XT Extremity Tourniquet
- Bleeding control supplies: Curaplex® Basic Bleeding Control Kits
Where to Purchase
You can purchase some of these items from your local stores. Or, for easy shopping, just click the above links! All of the items above can be found at buyemp.com.
A few things to remember before you purchase:
You will earn at least 1 Rewards point for every dollar you spend when you order at buyemp.com! On select brands, you can earn double and triple points.
If you haven’t already, join our Rewards Program to take advantage of those points! Every 1,000 points earned can be redeemed for $10 in credit on future online orders. It’s easy and free to sign up! Just check the box when you register for a new online account. If you already have an account, sign up in your account dashboard.
Ways to Save with EMP
For almost 50 years, we’ve worked to be your go-to, low-price source for a wide range of medical and safety supplies. Watch this 2-minute video for 9 ways you can save with EMP!
This blog is meant for educational purposes about medical products, medical devices, and related subjects only. It contains only general information about medical products. It is not meant to be medical or clinical advice and should not be treated as such. The information contained in this blog is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties. Emergency Medical Products, Inc. (“EMP”) makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of information, the products discussed, or advice given in connection with this blog. EMP is not a medical provider and is not engaged in providing medical or clinical advice. This blog may contain external links to EMP’s website where certain medical products and medical devices can be purchased from EMP.