AED Recertification Process
When buying a life-saving device like an AED, you need peace of mind that you're getting a quality product that will work every time. Rest assured - our recertification process offers the dependability of new equipment at budget-friendly prices.
Our factory-certified technicians fully test each AED through a 10-point inspection process. This also ensures that the AED adheres to all factory guidelines and specifications. Each AED is meticulously cleaned and detailed to provide as close to a like-new appearance as possible. Every recertified AED comes with Adult Defib Pads, Batteries and a 3-Year Warranty.
10-Point Inspection Process:
- AED software is upgraded to current AHA guidelines.*
- Each unit is connected to a new Fluke Impulse 7000 defibrillator analyzer to simulate a shockable rhythm. Three shocks are delivered to ensure the joule output is within FDA guidelines.
- All device and performance information is recorded and stored in both electronic and paper form.
- Visual inspection ensures AED is in acceptable cosmetic condition.
- Device is meticulously cleaned with Q-tips and toothpicks.
- AED is accessorized and made patient-ready with electrodes and batteries installed.
- AED is turned on to initiate self-test that ensures it is ready to be used in an emergency.
- Packing slip is hand-checked to ensure all items are included.
- Order is professionally packed in accordance to Fedex/UPS regulations.
- AED tracing is submitted to the manufacturer in accordance with FDA regulations.