The Soft Shell Splint works like the SAM Splint. The Sam Medical Soft Shell Splint has “O” temper aluminum encased in soft foam. The aluminum core allows the splint to be molded in seconds into a variety of shapes. The splint has added thickness on one end to provide both firm and extra firmness. The skin-contact surface is covered with an absorbent brushed terrycloth fabric.
The Soft Shell® Splint is perfect for emergency rooms, doctor’s offices, occupational health clinics, physical therapy and rehabilitation clinics, sports medicine clinics, and home care. Uses include:
• Immobilization of non- or minimally displaced wrist fractures, contusions, and sprains
• Temporary immobilization of fractures after cast removal
• Rehabilitation of ligament and tendon injuries
• Carpal tunnel, repetitive-stress, or cumulative trauma disorders
• Post-operative support after removal of internal/external fixation devices
• Gameskeeper’s thumb
• DeQuervain’s syndrome
• Nerve palsies
• IV board
- Comfortably soft.
- Quickly applied.
- Just mold & wrap (or strap).
- Easily re-moldable.
- No resins or plasters.
- No water ,gloves or cleanup.
- Reduces waste.
- Transparent to X-rays.
- Firm and extra-firm ends allow different levels. of resistance to motion, according to needs.
- Allows exercise without splint removal.
- Three sizes, five colors.
- Made in USA.
- 4.25” x 15”; dispense box: 15.25” x 4.375” x 11.25”; 4.4lb.
- 4.25” x 12”; dispense box: 12.25” x 4.375” x 11.25”; 3.8lb.
- 4.25” x 9”; dispense box: 9.25” x 4.375 x 11.25”; 3lb.
- XL 5.5” X 15”; 4.3oz.
- XL 5.5” x 12”; 3.5oz.
XL 5.5” x 9”; 2.8oz.
All orders are shipped via ground except for certain larger orders, ambulance cots, etc. which ship via commercial trucking service.
When shipping ground you can expect the following transit days to your location. Please note: The transit days are based on business days.