The Faretec CT-EMS Leg Traction Splint is designed for pre-hospital care and patient transport. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures. The CT-EMS helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries.
The CT-EMS is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. Traction is achieved with a four to one purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra-large adults.
The CT-EMS is extremely compact, light and strong.
- Carbon Fiber Tubing: Corrosion resistant, temperature stabile, extremely high strength to weight ratio, x- ray translucent.
- 4:1 Purchase Traction System: makes it easy to apply ample traction for even the largest patient. The V-Jam cleat makes it easy to readjust traction, key in long transport situations. This system includes a safety clip to prevent accidental releases.
Instruction Manual: Each splint comes with its own “quick reference” two sided instruction manual that is waterproof and tear resistant.
- Light: Unit weighs 1lb.
- Compact: Unit fits in a small synch bag that measures 11” x 4” x 3”
- Strong: Carbon Fiber poles and injection molded plastics.
- Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction.
- One unit fits both adult and pediatric patients.
- Made in USA
All orders are shipped via ground except for certain larger orders, ambulance cots, etc. which ship via commercial trucking service.
When shipping ground you can expect the following transit days to your location. Please note: The transit days are based on business days.